Thing About Me #13, and more Free Books.

Thing # 13
(In the longest "25 things about me" tag in the history of the universe):

13. I walked out of the movie "I Love You, Man."

You know, the comedy with Paul Rudd and... that other guy?

I haven't walked out of a movie in years. Perhaps decades.

But I walked out of this one.

You know that uncomfortable humor? Like, in The Office? Especially the British version? I can handle The Office.

But for some reason, the pure pathetic factor of Paul Rudd in this movie made me cringe. I was covering my eyes and plugging my ears when everyone else in the theater was laughing.

Sam was puking his guts out, he was laughing so hard. And that was during the scene where Paul Rudd pukes his guts out.

That scene was the last straw. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to make Sam leave, so I told him to stay and I would wander about and find another movie to sneak into.

Once in the hallway, I perused the possibilities:

1. Marley and Me (Nope. I can't handle the death of dogs.)
2. Duplicity (Nada. If Clive Owen is gonna have anyone, it's gonna be me.)
3. Slumdog Millionaire (No way. I can't stand to see endangered children.)
4. Watchmen (Hmmm... Rated R for strong graphic violence, sexuality, nudity-- mostly by a naked blue man -- and language.)

So, Sam gets out of his movie.

Sam: "Sorry, honey. I didn't know I Love You Man was going to be so disturbing."

me: "That's okay. It's just that there's only so much I can take."

Sam: "What movie did you end up going to?"

me: "Watchmen."

Sam (raising one eyebrow, if he could): "What is wrong with you? You walk out of one movie, because it's uncomfortable, and instead you go see Watchmen?"

me (shaking my head): "I know. I have no idea what's wrong with me. All of the other ones looked too offensive to me."

Sam: "Like Marley and Me?"

me: "Don't even pretend that dog doesn't die at the end. Who would want to watch that? Give me a post-apocalyptic dystopian universe any day over a dead dog."

There's gotta be a screw loose. Somewhere. Seriously, what is wrong with me?

CONTEST TIME
Three Books to Give Away

1. For Lurkers: Any lurkers out there? Time to De-Lurk! (You can de-lurk by leaving a comment and becoming a follower). Then you get a free YA book of your choosing.

2. For Lurkers: Want a signed copy of Far World: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage? I have one for the second de-lurker. Hardcover.

3. For regulars: For you non-de-lurkers, anyone who convinces one brave soul to publicly "follow" my blog gets entered into a drawing to win an autographed copy of The 13th Reality by James Dashner.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Dashner Dude, he is huge. And his hunger-games-ish trilogy comes out this fall with the first book THE MAZE RUNNER.

So he's huge now, and he's going to be even huger. More huge. Bigger.

Easy Peezy, right? And don't be scared to de-lurk. We're all very nice here. Although Cam can be a little iffy (I kid! She just speaks her mind, especially when she questions my dork factor). And Erin is quite snarky. (She's my sister, so it's okay). But really, they're harmless.

And, I know you lurkers are out there. Come on in. Don't make me name names. Kent. Just kidding.