Edward Cullen is in my mailbox... and he tastes yummy.

Housekeeping:
Using my formula of algorithms, biogenetics and a hairless cat, WE HAVE A WEEEEENER

Algorithms: I put all your comments from last week into a hat.




Biogenetics: Researchers engineered a hairless sphinx cat whose sole purpose in life is to draw names from a hat. (I know. He's not happy about it either.)




Smoky the Hairless cat: picked a name.

The winner: Emily Ott
Your signed copy of Laurie Halse Anderson's book Speak is on its way.


Wanna win another signed book? Today is the last day to enter a question for Sydney Salter (author of My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters). Everyone who contributes a question (in the comments section) gets entered in a drawing to win a signed copy.

Okay, on with the post.
MY HUNKY MAILBOX SURPRISE

The search for Edward is over. He was hiding in my mailbox.

It’s true. I spent the day writing at Barnes and Noble, and when I got home, I found Edward had left me secret love messages in my mailbox.

No, these are not Valentines hearts. I scoff at the thought.

These are Forbidden Fruits. Did you hear that? Forbidden Fruits.

He then drew a self-portrait because, of course, he doesn’t show up on film. Edward is such an artist!









The messages are cryptic, yet easy to decode.

LIVE 4 EVER = Live forever

I HEART EC = I love Eating Candy (Edward knows me so well)

BITE ME = No, really, please bite me. Again.

There’s even a secret scent, which you have to rub to reveal. I didn’t get a chance, because I couldn’t find Edward anywhere, and I so desperately wanted to rub him!


I rubbed Sam when he got home, but all that revealed was the faint smell of donut.


Printed on the box were “Secrets of the night”, including Edward’s full name (Edward Anthony Mason Cullen), his birthday, and perhaps the most passionate secret of all: Both Bella and Edward are juniors at Forks High School.

I have just one question: Who is this Bella chick? And does anyone know where she lives? I promise I'm not gonna hurt her...

I stepped into the Twilight and opened the forbidden fruit.

It tasted like a mix of partially dehydrogenated pepto bismal, and my son’s sidewalk chalk.

I can see why it’s forbidden. Apparently they didn’t account for the possibility that people would actually eat the stuff.

Thanks to Dorien and Grace for the mailbox surprise!