The EVERNEATH book trailer, and some Behind-the-Scenes tidbits about making it

Hey y'all!

I know a lot of you have seen this already, since it went live yesterday, but I'm showing it anyway since I'm sort of addicted to it. Plus I'll add some behind-the-scenes tidbits!

Presenting... the book trailer for EVERNEATH!



I love LOVE what the HarperCollins team did with this trailer.  

When they first sent me the idea for the trailer, it was called a "creative brief" and it looked like this:

EVERNEATH TRAILER

THERE WILL BE WORDS! LIKE:

"Have you ever broken a heart wide open?" 
*smoke* *smoke* *smoke*
"I have" (repeated a bunch of times)

MOODY MUSIC! AWESOME SOUND EFFECTS! AND DID WE MENTION SMOKE?


And my tiny brain was trying imagine what it would look like, but all I came up with was this:


Which is why I'm so happy I'm not in charge of this stuff. 
They sent me a "first draft" of the trailer, and I was blown away by the graphics, but the music didn't feel quite right. So I hopped on over to confer with my nieces and nephew, who are my music gurus. My nephew came up with some music that fit the mood of the trailer and the book perfectly.

We put the music together with the graphics and sent it back to the Harper team. They weren't able to get the rights to use the exact song that we sent, but they searched and searched and found some similar music that worked even better. 

Then I sat around, a little impatiently, wondering when the video would be ready, until yesterday morning when I got an email from a friend who was all, "Hey! Look what I just saw on the world wide web!" 

And that's a behind the scenes look at the EVERNEATH trailer, from a person who was very minimally involved in the creation. 

Much thanks to the HarperCollins team for all of their hard work and the brilliant result!
So, what do y'all think?