The Latest Cause I Have Chosen to Support... And Ask me Anything!

Hey Y'all. 

I thought it'd be fun to answer some of your questions at the top of some of the blogs. Feel free to ask me anything! It can be about writing, querying, revising, Rafa, pancreatic cancer, holes in hearts, my deodorant preference... anything. And if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.

So anytime you want to participate, leave a question in the comments section, and I'll collect them.

I'll start with a question from my neighbor:

QUESTION ONE

Neighbor: Why do you always use the word "y'all"? You're not southern.

Well, neighbor, it's simple. I have a deep and abiding love for the Southern plural possessive. 
Example of plural possessive in action: "What are all y'all's plans for the weekend?"

I first heard the Southern plural possessive when I met my friend Raina (Ethel) from Louisiana, and it's been true love ever since. 

ON TO THE BLOG

My brother-in-law recently commented on the number of wristbands out there, proclaiming the latest cause. 

It's gone from this:
...to Autism Awareness to "I Heart Boobies" (breast cancer awareness)

We totally want in on that action. In picking our cause, we discussed many options:

RAISE AWARENESS OF RAFA'S CALF MUSCLES
(His arms get all the attention)

CURE EXCESSIVE SALIVA PRODUCTION IN CANINES
However, eventually we decided on a cause that is near and dear to our hearts, and affects more people per year than constipation. 

How many of us have had Ugly touch our lives? Are you ugly, or do you know someone who is?
Now, this was not inspired by anyone in particular, especially not the man I saw the other day outside of the grocery store. Or that one baby who obliterated the old adage "All babies are beautiful."  

There are no screening tests for Ugly. There are no risk factors (although there is something to be said for heredity). Ugly can hit anywhere, anytime. 

As a side note, if Ugly hits you unexpectedly, and it's an emergency, it's okay to call 9-1-1. 

Let us take a note out of Spain's book. That country has obviously found the answer to Ugly, judging by their men's Davis Cup Tennis team. 
(Spain's Tennis Elite: laughing at how handsome they are)

Remember: There are no ugly people. Only Ugly faces. And bodies. 

We'll discuss how to recognize the symptoms of Ugly on Friday. 

So, how was all y'all's holiday weekend? Do you have any questions for me? Do you have any causes you'd like to highlight? Do you have any personal stories involving Ugly?