Another Reason why Sam and I are Dorks... and how 2nd Grade Homework Baffles me

Good Friday, y'all.  Time for Thing 1 and Thing 2


Thing 1

Sam and I have been biking to his work in the mornings. Problem is, we only have my two mountain bikes that are about 15 years old. I'll be the first to admit, we look like dorks.

Sam's got it especially bad, since he has to ride the bike with the baby seat. 

Every time we get passed by a group of real cyclists (and trust me, we get passed a lot), they turn to get a look at the "baby" only to find Sam's backpack buckled in tight.

To add further humiliation, the seat's labeled "CoPilot". 

Lately, just for our own entertainment, we've taken to treating the backpack as if it really is a baby. We'll say things like, "Get ready for a turn!" and then when we go down a hill, we say "Wheeee! Wheeee!" We also pet the backpack, and when we hit a bump, we say, "Oh! Poor baby! Are you okay?"

And at intersections, we always take the first turn. If someone else makes a move, I put my hand out and growl, "Make way! Man with a baby!" and then I hold everyone back as Sam goes through. 

I have to admit, it's getting more fun every morning.

Thing 2

Kid C came home from school and showed me his homework yesterday. Here's one of the pages.

Notice anything unusual? How about a zoom.

I wanted to write a note to the teacher, saying, "Yes. An apple do have seeds. Thanks for asking."

Does anyone else have trouble understanding homework these days?

What are y'all doing this weekend? I'm watching tennis. 

By the way, if you want to see what all the fuss is about, Rafa Nadal is playing a match tonight at the U.S. Open, on ESPN 2. Excellent Friday night action.