Bladder Enhancements

Book Status: Rockin'.

What have you read lately status?: I've read the Gallagher Girl series (I'd Tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you, and the sequel). Fun reads. What have y'all been reading?

INTERNAL COSMETIC SURGERY? WHAAA?
I don't know how these conversations come up.


Awhile back, when I listed the 25 things about me (Okay, more like 11 and a half), I mentioned my tendency to use the bathroom 15 times before I go to bed each night.

So, I'm out with my cousins, and in the course of normal everyday conversation, the topic of pee arises. Naturally. I mean, why wouldn't it?

So I mention my problem.


Cousin W starts nodding in empathy. "Yeah. It's a saggy bladder."

me: "I'm sorry- saggy bladder?"

W: "Yep. Grandma A had one too, and she passed it down to us."

me: "Do you have one?"

W: "I used to."

me: "How did you fix it?"

W: "I had a bladder lift."

I know what you're thinking, but she's completely serious!

I have to admit, when I think about elective surgery, a bladder tuck is not the first one that comes to mind. But Cousin W has a killer bod, so maybe that's her secret? I don't know. And whom does one talk to about this procedure?

There are so many other body parts I would like to fix before my bladder.

In fact, my ears are the only things on my body that I'm satisfied with.

Now when my cousins and I are talking, we always refer to the "bladder tuck" and our husbands are convinced we must be speaking in code. My question is: what the heck would that be code for? If I wanted to speak in code, "bladder" would not be my word of choice, to repeat over and over. It's kind of grating on the ears. Like the word "moist".

I'd pick a word like "funicular railway" or something fun to say.