SHOW A LITTLE LOVE, WILL YA?

Contest Week!

Everybody who makes a comment this week (Mon, Tues, Wed, or Fri) gets entered into a drawing. Next Monday - through a very technical process involving algorithms, biogenetics, and my hairless cat - we will pick a name out of a hat.

The winner will receive an autographed copy of Laurie Halse Anderson's multi-award winning book Speak.





Now, let me just say the point of this is to
get more comments. I know my blog readers tend to be a shy, self-sacrificing bunch, who don't think they deserve a signed copy of Speak, because those are just the sort of people I attract. But you would really be doing me a favor.

ARE YOU A LURKER?

Yes. I am a lurker. Thank you for asking.

So, all of my fellow lurkers, this is a great opportunity to de-lurk. I want to hear from you too.

The other day, I totally de-lurked on a very popular blog, and afterward, I was basking in the warm fuzzies all week. Not only that, I received an email, from a British banker, telling me I had randomly been selected to receive one meeeeeelion pounds. We're still working out the transfer process, but how's that for good Karma?

All because I de-lurked.

AND JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER...

For those of you who worry about what to say in a comment, I will end each post with a question, which you may or may not choose to answer.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

Actually, that's all I've got.

No, wait, my sister writer Bree is hosting a contest as well. So if you are into blog reading purely for the money, check out her blog.

SIDE NOTE

You may have noticed last week's Tuesday Dork Side was replaced with a very interesting conversation about bladders. The reason for the dork silence is Battlestar Galactica ended, for good, and I'm just not quite ready to talk dork. (But if you think about it, is there anything about a conversation on bladders that isn't dorky?)

TODAY'S QUESTION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ANSWER IT

In Young Adult literature, what do you find offensive? Is there something (a word, an act, a theme) that has made you stop reading at that point? Now, I don't necessarily want specific books or authors named. This isn't a forum for bashing. But I want to know, can you remember a time when you stopped reading a book on purpose? What made you stop?

And while you are pondering this, enjoy a clip from Jim Gaffigan. Sam and I watched his comedy special last night, and laughed our butts off. As for the contest, it begins in 3..... 2..... 1...... now.