Thing #1 and Thing #1: Pancreatic Cancer and Ice Cream... not in that order

There's so much going on around me, but I'm missing it all because I'm in the writing cave. So how about a quick Thing #1 and Thing #1?




Thing #1

My sister-in-law brought me over a big tub of homemade ice cream to thank us for helping them when their basement flooded while they were out of town. 

Of three things I am certain:

1. I love homemade ice cream.

2. There's a part of me, and I'm not sure how dominant that part might be, that longs to start another flood just to get more ice cream.

3. I am unconditionally, and irrevocably, going to break into their house tonight. 

Thing #1

My dad's latest scans show his tumors are still shrinking. (Most of you know he is battling Pancreatic Cancer). 



The Fam at the Huntsman Cancer Center
The doctors are pretty baffled. At his most recent visit, they said he is in the "Top 5% of chemo responders."

1. I don't know why we are the recipients of these little miracles, but I will take them!

2. And then I will ask for more...

So, what are the Things #1 in your life? 

Did you notice how I pluralized Thing #1?