I Give you the Pictures, You Fill In the Blanks

I'm here! I'm here!

Update:
Our Blog BFF Emily Wing Smith has been nominated for a very cool award for her book The Way He Lived. Stop on by her blog to read about the announcement, and give her a shout out.

**Disclaimer**
Sam has disavowed all knowledge of the following blog. He would like you all to know the views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect his own personal views. He has already removed several incendiary sentences.

Okay, so it's been one of those weeks. You know, where your soul has been sucked, and you haven't even been to Wal-Mart. I'm having extreme writer's blockage, and no matter how much ruffage I eat, there is no relief.

Apparently the first version of my blog today was a tad on the inappropriate side. I don't know what my problem is..


It's been going on for a few days now, and this morning it has come to a giant whitehead. Even now, I'm sitting at my computer, feeling very itchy. It's probably a good thing I'm leaving on Friday for a writing retreat.

Anyway, I can't quite get the blog together without offending someone. So, since all of you know me better than I know myself by now, I'm just going to show you the pictures I was planning on writing about today, and I would appreciate it if you would come up with your own version of my post.

I'll give you the theme, and the captions and even a couple of fill-in-the-blanks. Feel free to put the fruits of your labor in the comments.

The theme of today's post is:


WHY IT SUCKS THAT I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL DURING THE GRUNGE ERA...

Niece G's Prom Pictures- 2009
(Faces are blurred to protect the beautiful)
Doesn't she look like a dream? And he has the matching tux...

Contrast that with...
Brodi's Prom Picture- 1990
(Yes, that's a thick, flowered, crocheted sweater tucked into a pleated skirt)
Fill in the Blank #1
"A sweater tucked into a skirt? She might as well have been wearing____________"

Brodi's Prom Outfit- 1993
(Yes, those are pants. Pants. And a gigantic black bow in the back of my hair. You can barely see it. It's underneath all of those bangs.)
Fill in the Blank #2:
"She wore pants to her prom? With brown leather sandals? What kind of statement was she trying for? ________________"

Hopefully my condition will have righted itself by Monday. (I'm taking the 24th off because it's a holiday in Utah, where we celebrate an old bearded man who - in 1847 - looked over our valley and said, "This here's the spot. Let's establish some crazy-arse liquor laws and then write back home and tell everyone this land is fertile.")


I love you all. Because I tend to love everyone when I have a soul-sucking week. Tell your families "Hi" for me, and that I love them too.

So, what are y'all doin' this weekend? Holiday or not? Enjoy your long, Brodi-free weekend.

Love,
Snookems.