An Ode to the Treat in my Mailbox

Yesterday was one of those crazy, milestone, everyone-said-it-would-never-happen days. 

I went to my mailbox and guess what I found?

Evidence that someone in this universe is actually paying me for my words. For all the if's, and's and but's. And double for the that's.

Here's a picture of the check:
Let's zoom in and get a closer look:
p.s. Anyone who can get the hidden references in here gets bonus blog points, to be used as blog dollars on bonus blog day, which is the same date as the date on the check.
There was a time not long ago (Okay, it was September 15th) when I would've given away my book for free.

I think e.e. cummings said it best in his poem "Little Check"

LITTLE check
little silent Advanced Check
you are so pretty
you are more like a love letter

 

who found you in the mailbox
and were you very sorry to leave New York?

Oh how I waited
but you were very fast!

see i will comfort you
because you smell so sweetly
i will kiss you
and hug you safe and tight
just as your mother would,
only don't be afraid 
 look the words
that sleep all the year in a dark computer
dreaming of being taken out and allowed to shine,


I’ll hang you in the window
for everyone to see

and how they'll stare!
oh but you'll be very proud
and my little hubby and i will take hands
and looking up at our beautiful check
we'll dance and sing
“If I was a sculptor, but then again, no”

I'm off to go waste my money on cheap caffeine and a buttload of cinnamon bears.

Drinks are on the house! (Not my house... I can't afford it. If's, and's and but's have flooded the market recently, causing a rash of foreclosures.)

added: Seriously, anyone catch the references on the check? Anyone?