I Can No Longer Stay Quiet: I Love Anna and the French Kiss, and I own a set of Brass Knuckles

I normally don't recommend books on the blog. It gets me in trouble a lot, because there are usually three reactions:

1. I loved it too. Thanks.

2. I didn't love it. And I want my $17.95 back. And I want you to give it to me.

This reaction is usually accompanied by pitchforks and torches. Probably because of the tough economic times out there.

3. I gave it to my teenage daughter, based on your approval of it, and it has this word in it, and we don't talk about this word ever, and we don't say this word ever, and I don't appreciate you paving my daughter's pathway to hell. 

Yes, I really have received each of these reactions. Hence, the avoiding of recommendations on the blog. Plus, now that my own book is coming out, I feel like I'm judging my own colleagues.

But, I am in love, and I can no longer hide it.
I started Anna and the French Kiss when I needed a five minute break from my own revisions. I finished it six hours later. This was just before the Christmas break, and since then I've read it probably two times more. 

It tells the love story between Anna and a boy named St. Clair. I love this book. And I'm ready to take our relationship to the next level. (Which involves it falling in love with me back, we move to Paris, and I have its babies.)

I recommended it to my niece, who also devoured it in a day or two, and last night we were gushing over it at dinner. 

She's all, "I really want to find someone like St. Clair."

I'm all, "Me too! I totally love him."

She gives me a strange look, and says, "Well, you probably wouldn't want to find him."

And I think, she's already claiming our fictional version of St. Clair for herself? We shall battle!

But then she continues, "Because, you know, you already have a husband."
And I was shocked to discover she was right. But my teenage self is a completely different person than my actual self. This is why I write YA. My teenage self is alive and well.

I told my hubby (who's totally an adult version of St. Clair. Trust me, Honey.) I wanted to write a book exactly like Anna for my second book. 

And he's all, "But you write dark paranormal, and Anna is contemporary romance. On the lighter side."

Yes, but book 2 is not written yet.

"But your book 2 is part of a series, and book one is dark paranormal."

But maybe book two can show my main character moving to France, and taking a break from all the dark paranormal stuff to fall in love in the city of lights!

"... But... your main character is... sort of... already in love."

Shut up! I hate you!

I love Stephanie Perkins for introducing me to such a great book, but I also blame her for sucking away all my time, and for writing a book I'll never be able to write!

So, have you read it? What did you think?

And if you decide to read it based on this post, please leave your pitchforks at home, and please review it yourself before you go giving it to your teenagers, and if you are a teenager, please understand that I will use brass knuckles to fight you for St. Clair. Husband or no.