Friday Quickie: Parlez Vous Francais? Me Neither! and Revision by the Numbers

Hey y'all. We're exactly 2 weeks until Total Global Meltdown (i.e. revision deadline) and I'm warning you now my blog posts might be sporadic with a side of crazy.

Here's a little Revision By the Numbers:

Length of book before revisions: 65,000 words
Length of book as it stands today: 77,000 words. 
(Don't tell my editor I've added 12,000 words. I'll break it to her gently.)

Number of "that's" removed: 482
Number of "that's" added: 327
So, we're headed in the right direction.

Number of times a character flinches: From 579 down to 7.

Number of times a character cringes instead of flinches: 572

Number of times a character loses control of his bowels: ... 0
(Still trying to work that one in to a book)

Number of times my margin comments have started a "thumb war" with my editor's margin comments: 3
(It's okay, I told them to take it out back)

Number of hours I have to fix all the flinches, cringes, and bowel breakdowns: 336

So, I guess I should get going. But first, the news!

EVERNEATH  has gone postal. 

No, wait, scratch that. I mean Global. EVERNEATH has gone global! Parlez Vous Francais? I don't, but somebody out there does, and that somebody is going to bring my book to the French People!

Here's the announcement:

International rights: Children's 
French rights to Brodi Ashton's EVERNEATH, to Milan, in a three-book deal, by Eliane Benisti at Eliane Benisti Agency on behalf of Lauren Abramo at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.










 

Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi, Ce Soir! Which means, a book for every child in France!


Now if I can get them to send me there on tour...