PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T JUST PRESS "SEND"...

Okay, so I just finished my revision and I sent it off to Ted.

Taking a page from my sister author Bree’s blog, here are the top five things I’ve learned from the revision process:


1. Less is more. (I have a twenty page blog coming on this particular subject. Suffice it to say, that had it not been for the original superfluosity of my manuscript in the first place, especially in the wordy penultimate chapter, it would have been sufficiently—oh nevermind).


2. Try not to name three (count them three) characters in your book the same name: Joey. Thankfully I caught this right before I sent it off.


3. Do not, under any circumstances, second guess yourself. Scratch that, on second thought maybe I shouldn’t have said that. In fact, I probably shouldn’t have listed five things, it should have been four things. Actually, I’m such a crappy writer, I shouldn’t have started a blog in the first place. I don’t even deserve to have internet access. Did someone just say I’m fat?


4. Do not give your fabulous agent a catchy nickname like Sherpa Ted.


5. A. After you’ve crossed all of your T’s, and dotted all of your I’s, and perfected your manuscript, do not send it to Sherpa Ted in a miniature format. I mean, literally, a miniature picture of the book, so small it is not legible.

Here’s what it looked like when he opened it.

I use this version to get an overview of chapter lengths, and to find any blank pages that may have appeared because of revisions.

B. In a similar vein, when Ted emails back, requesting a “legible” version of the book, do not send him the EXACT SAME MINIATURE VERSION again, telling him you're not usually such a dork, and it won't happen again...

Now to see if Ted likes the new version... Mwah hah hah (evil laugh)