15 More Days... Launch Parties, Revision Woes, and the need for Burned Flesh Factoids

So, I have a revision deadline for the latest version of EVERNEATH 2: It's Everneath-ier on Wednesday. 


This means I'm going through the draft right now, and coming across highlighted words. Stuff I didn't want to figure out right then, but needed to come back to later.


Sometimes I'd be in the middle of a really tense scene, or even worse, a romantic scene, and I'd turn the page only to find this:


blah blah blah... leading up to big kiss *smooch* 


Here are examples of my favorite highlighted reminders:


Blah blah blah... add description (Yeah, this one comes up about once a page)


------- word for hand thingee? -------(I don't know, could it be a glove?)


------ word for leather thing that can old a knife? ------ (Okay, obviously the word "sheath" wasn't coming to me)


------ do "concentric" circles go outward or inward?---------


what else can he do with his hand, besides run through hair?  (I ask myself this question every day. *she said as she ran her fingers through her hair)


-----need transition here: Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddd... scene!-------------


--- note: what does burned hair smell like?-----


--- note: if you tear off sleeve, will burned flesh come with it? -------


And my personal favorite:


--- say it again, but better---


EVERNEATH comes out in 15 days. The launch party will be at The King's English bookshop in the 15th and 15th area of Salt Lake City. 


When: Tuesday, January 24th, 2012
Where: King's English 
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Treats?: Of course


Everyone is invited, so mark it down on your calendars so I don't look like an idiot up there at the microphone, speaking to an audience of Sam and my mom. 


I practiced my speech on Sam the other night. He had one thing to say:


"I'm not sure it's appropriate to talk about your hatred for faulty epidurals in your book launch speech. In fact, we could probably leave Kid C's birth story out."


Looks like it's back to the drawing board.


So, who's coming to the launch party? And who can answer the question about the burned skin?