Can you Name That Literary Character? And Win an ARC of EVERNEATH!

So many things to get to today!


1. First off, my sis-in-law is giving away an ARC of EVERNEATH on her blog. The rules to enter are pretty easy and straightforward, so give it a go by clicking here.


2. Second, the winner of the signed copy of BACK WHEN YOU WERE EASIER TO LOVE and an EVERNEATH guitar pick necklace is...


ANGEL SNYDER!

Please email me with your mailing address. My email is brodiashton at gmail dot com.


Thanks for everyone who entered, and participated in the Facebook trivia contest. I mailed out like 24 necklaces over the weekend. :)


3. NAME THAT LITERARY CHARACTER


I went to a blogger/writer social on Friday night (hosted by Mary Campbell) and we played a game where you stick the name of a literary figure on your forehead and you have to ask questions to figure out who you got.


I figured out the literary figure on my forehead in three simple questions. See if you can guess as well:


Question 1: "Is it a male or female?"
answer: "Male."


Question 2: "Is he hot?"
answer: "Yes. Way hot."


Question 3: "Is he supernatural or just plain human?"
answer: "Plain human."


Can you guess the literary character? (Don't scroll down if you want to try.)
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;






Okay, so the answer was Fitzwilliam Darcy. Did anyone get it right? It was simple, really. All you have to know is "hot" and "not immortal".


4. It was my birthday yesterday.


Check out the gift my mom gave me:


Because nothing says "Happy thirty-somethingth Birthday!" like Katy Perry nail polish. I love my mom, and I'm grateful for the gift, but I just want to know the thought process behind it.


Was it: Hey! Brodi loves glitter! This looks perfect.


Or: Hey! Brodi wanted to be a Firecracker for Halloween one year!


or: Hey! Brodi has nails.


She also got me this sun hat:


I can only assume that in her mind, I'm either turning 12 or 80.


It's okay for me to say this. My mom doesn't read my blog. Don't tell her, okay?


I painted my nails:


For the record, the bottom coat is "Teenage Dream" and the top coat is "The One That Got Away."


So, what's everyone up to? I should be getting my "EVERNEATH 2: It's Everneath-ier" revision letter on Friday, so I'm trying to enjoy my last moments of freedom.